Our 10th course in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Join us for this Education milestone achievement for MELA!!!
Physician Section Topics
- Congenital Cardiopathies
- Melanoma, Eczema
- Toxicodermias (SJS, TEN, etc)
- Ano-rectal Afflictions
- Hypertensive Crisis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosis
- STD and Education
- Neonatal Septicemia
- Hemorrhage in Pregnancy
- Labor Induction
- Preterm Labor
- Vaginal Bleeding and Discharge in Infamts and Adolescents
- Down Syndrome
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Pharmacology: Antibiotics
Nursing Section Topics
- Medication Dosing and administration
- Complications of Delivery
- Geriatric Nutrition
- Risks of Pregnancy - Hemorrhage
- Neonatal Resuscitation - Lect and Station
- Pre-eclampsia - Eclampsia
- Ophthalmalogic Emergencies
- Neonatal Jaundice
Dental Section Topics
- Pharmacology: Antibiotics
- Dental Aesthetics
- Odontologic Emergencies
- Oral Rehabilitation
- Oral Cancer
- Post-surgical hemorrhage
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Retained parts
- Radiology in Dentristry
Volunteers meeting at the MELA HQ, 800 Great Oaks Ln in Eagan, MN 55123.
Get more up-to-date information on the upcoming trip to Cochabamba, Bolivia. Volunteers can bring guest or others who may be interested in future can also attend this meeting. Appetizers and beverages will be served. RSVP (recommended) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 14, 2017
Advanced Medical Life Support and Critical Care Fundamentals Course for physicians in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Medical Educators for Latin America still needs at least 1 more volunteer to teach 25-30 Bolivian physicians.
This course entails lectures and practical stations for hands-on learning.
- Recognition and Assessment of the Seriously Ill Patient
- Airway Management
- Cardiopulmonary/Cerebral Resuscitation
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Monitoring Blood Flow, Oxygenation, and Acid-Base Status
- Diagnosis and Management of Shock
- Neurologic Support
- Basic Trauma and Burn Support
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Life-Threatening Infections: Diagnosis and Antimicrobial Therapy Selection
- Management of Life-Threatening Electrolyte and Metabolic Disturbances
- Special Considerations
- Critical Care in Pregnancy
- Ethics in Critical Care Medicine
- Critical Care in Infants and Children: The Basics
Let me know if you're interested.
The Team Meeting for volunteers going to Cochabamba for the November 2016 Critical Care Course. Others are welcome to see what it's all about. Just RSVP by October 17, 2016 to: email@example.com
- We will discuss the Dos and Don'ts of Travel to Bolivia
- Expectations; getting there - packing, travel documents, travel medicine clinic, hotel, food, the conference format
- What to bring
- Questions and Answers
Come celebrate and support Mano a Mano International Partners. This year's gala is to support the medical surplus distribution program
4:30 La Familia, An International Love Story Book Release. Enjoy complimentary cocktails and hors d-oeuvres and be the first to hear an excerpt read by author Mary Martin from her new book La Familia.
5:30 Cocktails and Activities
7:00 Dinner and Program
9:15 After Party - Enjoy the sounds of Trio Giovani
Our Trauma Teaching Team will meet at 800 Great Oaks Ln to share our experience at the las Trauma Conference in Cochabamba December 9-12, 2015. Food, drink, photos, and good times are planned. All of our volunteers and supporters are invited.
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-581-8822 by Feb 1, 2016
This 3.5 day course on trauma management and practical stations on Airway management, splinting, IV access and Case discussions included written and simulation testing. We trained 23 physicians with 17 receiving a certificate for passing scores.
General Principles of Advanced Trauma Management
Burn Trauma Management
Geriatric Trauma Considerations
Trauma in Obstetrics
Airway Management in Trauma
Stabilization and Transport
Ultrasound Use in Trauma
Splinting UE/LE Injuries
Trauma Radiology Pearls I and II
Case Management Exercises
Festival Bolivia 2015
Join us for Mano a Mano’s 6th annual event on Saturday, May 9, 2015 at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota!
Buy Tickets and Sponsorship Information
Tickets and tables of 8 (with a 10% discount) for the event can be bought online via Eventbrite:
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS directly from Mano a Mano’s Eventbrite page (you can also purchase tickets in the embedded Eventbrite page below). Your response by April 18th is appreciated.
- If you would prefer to pay via check, please mail payment and ticket information (number of attendees and first & last name, any dietary restrictions, and any seating preferences) to:
- Mano a Mano International Partners, 925 Pierce Butler Route, St. Paul, MN 55104
- If you are interested in sponsoring the event, SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE HERE.
- Please SHARE this page with anyone that you would like to invite to the event, and we hope to see you there!