NEW Project for 2017-18:

MELA to Help Sponsor a new Health Clinics in Bolivia

Update - Candelaria and Villa Rosario

Mano a Mano Bolivia has completed both projects and the clinics up and running, providing improved care to their inhabitants.

20181110_090543.jpg

MELA Sponsored Clinics

Villa Rosario

 Waiting area

Waiting area

The Health Center of San Bernardino serving Villa Rosario and other nearby communities.

 Staff and community leaders

Staff and community leaders

 Indoor plaque thanking the list of donors who helped to make this clinic possible.

Indoor plaque thanking the list of donors who helped to make this clinic possible.

20181108_090941.jpg

The Candelaria Health Center

Additions and remodeling supported by donors of MELA

 Clinic Plaque showing supporters

Clinic Plaque showing supporters

 Patient, nurse and doctor in waiting area

Patient, nurse and doctor in waiting area


In 2015 Friends of MELA helped to build a Mano a Mano Health Center in Quiroga, Bolivia.

It was over 3 years ago, on July 9, 2015, when the Mano a Mano clinic in Quiroga was dedicated, thanks to your support.

I wanted to let you know that the clinic continues to function well providing health care access for the nearly 5,000 people in the area. The clinic is spacious, clean, and beautiful. In addition to clinic staff the Bolivian Ministry of Health sent a doctor to the clinic to do research.

Both of the permanent positions in the Quiroga clinic are paid for by the Ministry of Health; 81% of the 500+ staff positions in the 165 Mano a Mano clinics are paid for by the Ministry of Health, with the other 19% paid for by municipal governments and others. Every staff position in a Mano a Mano clinic is funded by someone other than Mano a Mano.

Thanks to our supporters, this clinic to make a difference!!


   The clinic's physician and nurse. The clinic has a delivery room, Pharmacy, Nurse's and doctor's offices, a laboratory and treatment/observation rooms, as well as a kitchen where staff can prepare meals and eat.

The clinic's physician and nurse. The clinic has a delivery room, Pharmacy, Nurse's and doctor's offices, a laboratory and treatment/observation rooms, as well as a kitchen where staff can prepare meals and eat.

20170326_092616.jpg