Advanced Medical Life Support and Critical Care Fundamentals Course for physicians in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Medical Educators for Latin America still needs at least 1 more volunteer to teach 25-30 Bolivian physicians.
This course entails lectures and practical stations for hands-on learning.
- Recognition and Assessment of the Seriously Ill Patient
- Airway Management
- Cardiopulmonary/Cerebral Resuscitation
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Respiratory Failure
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Monitoring Blood Flow, Oxygenation, and Acid-Base Status
- Diagnosis and Management of Shock
- Neurologic Support
- Basic Trauma and Burn Support
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Life-Threatening Infections: Diagnosis and Antimicrobial Therapy Selection
- Management of Life-Threatening Electrolyte and Metabolic Disturbances
- Special Considerations
- Critical Care in Pregnancy
- Ethics in Critical Care Medicine
- Critical Care in Infants and Children: The Basics
Let me know if you're interested.